Land of Lost Souls
D&D5e "Land of Lost Souls" telecom team
Characters for Dexter V.H.'s 2015 fantasy campaign
Player Characters for the “Land of Lost Souls,” Dexter V.H.’s telecom fantasy miniseries, using Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition, AD&D2/D&D3.5 Dragonlance, the D&D4e Forgotten Realms, Palladium Fantasy, Obsidian Portal, Skype, and the Rolz.org dice roller, as of spring 2015:
- “Kalidren ‘Cal’ Haraishur” [Gene D.]-male Qualinesti (Sylvan Elf) Paladin of Kiri-Jolith, god of valor; folk hero and a potential member of the Legion of Steel; LGn, Lvl. 6
- “Sakan Agramon Majere/Sam” [Beruk A.]-male Irda (High Ogre) Ranger, charlatan disguised as a human, with snow leopard Minerva; TNc, Lvl. 6
- “Redrik Stoneflow” [Byron V.O.]-male Neidar (Hill Dwarf) Cleric of Paladine, god of justice; outcast, guild artisan, and silversmith; LGn, Lvl. 6
- “Maddie Moonfang” [Sara F.C.]-female wolfing Barbarian, skin changer from the plains and former thrall of an evil wizard; with snow leopard cub; TNc; Lvl. 6
- “Perogen Hawke” [Josh C.]-male human Wizard of the White Robes, sage; NGc, Lvl. 6
- “Rowan Kar-Thon” [Geoff C.]-male Half-Elf Skald (Bard), outlander and storyteller; NGc, Lvl. 6
- “Santiddio Sefrayn” [Bruce K.]-male Half-Elf Rogue (thief), charlatan and professional treasure seeker; CNg, Lvl. 6
- “Enyilarur Skilelo” [Drew S./departed ]-male brass Draconian Eldritch Knight (Dragonborn Fighter), noble and arcanist, with three reptilian retainers; CGn, Lvl. 3
The game so far:
- Session 1 (18 January 2015): Late one spring, a band of wanderers meets at the logging village of Quarevarr in the northwestern borderlands. They learn of a ghostly knight haunting the area. The travelers also encounter Orcs, winter wolves, and a mysterious woman in the woods.
- Session 2 (Jan. 25): The new adventuring party follows the ghost of Jahan, a Moonwatch Paladin, into the ruined tower of Methegrist. It meets a band of treasure seekers and explores subterranean chambers. In addition to traps, the spelunkers find cursed and blessed areas and solve an imp’s riddle. However, the imp turns the teams against each other, and both flee as the ruins collapse, releasing a magical darkness.
- Session 3 (8 February 2015): After warning their respective superiors, the travelers regroup to evacuate the village of Winter’s Edge ahead of an approaching Orcish army. They meet a Half-Orc who might be related to the Orc king, as well as Redrik and Skilelo. They also run into worgs and another Drow.
- Session 4 (Feb. 15): The team interrogates Dark Elf spy Meandrea, discovers orphaned snow leopard cubs, and avoids a Goblin patrol. It then reports on Obould’s Orcs to the Dwarven capital of Thorbardin.
- Session 5 (Feb. 22): The adventuring party gets flying mounts from Princess Eina and her council, fights would-be assassins in a shop, and meets King Ivor Stoneaxe in an alley.
- Session 6 (1 March 2015): The group flies on giant owls across New Coast toward Blodehelm. On the way, it acquires a faerie dragon companion, spots more troops, and meets a Dryad. Half-Orc Root is wounded by Orc scouts, and the party is brought before King Obould….
- Session 7 (March 15): King Obould holds a feast for his long-lost grandson. Maddie defeats a large guard drake in a trial by combat as her team persuades the Orc king to withdraw his armies attacking human and Dwarven realms. However, some of the assembled warlords refuse to cooperate, and the group flees….
- Session 8 (March 22): On the way to the Ogre ruins of Vantal, the group encounters another Orcish patrol. It quickly slays three wargs, and the Drow squad leader Teleports away. The Orcs surrender and give the adventuring party some maps….
- Sessions 9, 10 (April 5, 19): The adventurers enter the ruined Irda city of Vantal, encountering Quasits, hell hounds, and a Helmed Horror. They also find an oracular statue and a pool of transformation….
- Session 11 (April 26): After exploring the ruined Irda city of Vantal, the explorers defeat another Orcish patrol and a Drider, a servant of Lolth, before meeting with Dwarves on giant owls and Elves on great eagles.
- Session 12 (May 24):